BY TAKING A FEW STEPS AT NIGHT, YOU CAN START THE NEXT DAY WITH FRIZZ-FREE HAIR
Have you ever had overnight oats? With just a little prep the night before you can wake up to a delicious breakfast. If only the same results were possible with hair! In fact, they are. Overnight hair may be a bit inconvenient but the outcome is worth it. Here are 10 ways to get your day started the night before.
1. DON’T SLEEP WITH WET HAIR. Going to bed with wet hair can result in breakage, dandruff and hair loss. Not to mention unbearable bedhead.
2. BRUSH YOUR HAIR WITH A BOAR BRISTLE BRUSH BEFORE BED. Boar bristles distribute your scalp’s natural oils, leaving your hair shinier and more manageable.
3. SLEEP ON A SILK PILLOWCASE. Silk pillowcases help hair retain moisture and reduce friction, preventing prevent tangles and banishing frizz.
4. USE DRY SHAMPOO BEFORE BED. A product like this one will absorb excess oils at night and your hair will be transformed by morning.
5. BRAID YOUR HAIR LOOSELY AND SECURE IT WITH A SCRUNCHIE. Braiding your hair creates waves without heat styling. Use a scrunchie instead of an elastic to prevent breakage. You'll wake up with a tousled, natural look.
6. WASH YOUR HAIR AT NIGHT AND LET IT AIR DRY. Shampooing at night gives your hair more time to dry without heat styling, which can damage the hair’s cuticle, causing frizz. Keep the water in your shower as cold as you can handle. Cold water helps seal that cuticle. Allow to dry completely before going to sleep.
7. APPLY A SMALL AMOUNT OF HAIR OIL ON THE ENDS. Use just one or two drops to help nourish your hair and protect the ends from damage.
8. SPRAY ON SOME LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER. Brush it through to hydrate and refresh your hair.
9. TRY AN OVERNIGHT HAIR MASK. Follow the directions for applying at night, and wash it out in the morning. (You may want to sleep in a shower cap!) Make sure the mask is made for overnight use and doesn’t contain clay or proteins. Your hair will look and feel amazing the next day after shampooing, conditioning and styling.
10. GET A DEHUMIDIFIER FOR YOUR BEDROOM. A portable dehumidifier will control the humidity in the room. Because we all know that excess moisture in the air can cause frizz.